We Are Here
We Are Here Collective
The School of Music and Fine Art, presents the We Are Here Collective’s Interim Show 2017 in the historic Chatham House, 351, Rochester High Street, Rochester, ME1 1DA. Featuring the work of 21 graduating BA and MA Fine Art students. In response to the planned closure of the school, fine art students have created a new artists’ collective, Muster Station, which acts for students and alumni. Our practices are comprised of textile work, social historical responses, video, painting, print, textiles, animation, mixed media, sculpture, installation, sound, and interactive pieces. This innovative exhibition provides the platform for exciting, emerging artists.
We are here.... where are you?
Chatham House, We Are Here Collective, Interim Show, 8th– 13th December, 2017
An exhibition of 21 exciting emerging artists in Kent
Opening with a private view on Friday December 8th, 6pm-8pm The exhibition is open to all and free to attend.
Open to the public (11am-4pm): Saturday 9th December - Wednesday 13th December inclusive.
This exhibition offers the public a glimpse into contemporary arts most recent practices and methods. For example:
- An Installation questioning where a safe place is for artists.
- Senses of identity are explored, through abstract creations of the human body.
- An installation exposing everyday sexism, both historically and in the present.
- An animation showing different aspects of the world that breaks into multiple realities.
- A Sculptural work that stimulates consciousness.
- A documentary installation features poetry and drawings to address tighter curled hair.
- Paintings that express how a domestic setting can hide a woman’s identity.
- An immersive performance at the pub involving Nightcreatures and Napoleonic soldiers.
- An interactive piece involving an emotive narrative based on a fictional character’s separation from the world.
The Interim shows aim is to allow visitors to discuss & experience the practices with the School of Music and Fine Art as a key facilitator in the area.
Exhibiting artists include:
Deborah Abbott | Alex Aldham | Lalita Bailey | Stella Constantinides | Emily Dabill | Solomon Dada | Nimisha Dhingra | Jade Diamond | Richard Hall | Alfie Killick | Katerina Kyriakou | Constanza Robertstad | Amanda Nsubuga | Leigh Osborne | Lynn Smith | Rushien Sterling-Redhead | Sally Su | Hayley Swinyard | Charlotte Wears | Rachael Willis | Lucas Xiao
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/weareherecollective/about/ Snapchat:
Copyright © 2017 We Are Here Collective, all rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
University of Kent,School of Music and Fine Art, The Historic Dockyard, Chatham, KentME4 4TY